ABOUT American Society of Cannabis Medicine
The American Society of Cannabis Medicine (ASCM) fills a void that has existed in cannabis medicine from its beginning. The Founders recognized there was no national organization solely representing physicians aligned with cannabis medicine, and realized that while several organizations support the cannabis industry, a national forum specifically for physicians who viewed the responsible use of cannabis as an important part of a complete medical practice did not exist. ASCM was formed to fill that void with a national organization providing a forum and voice for the physician community on the ever-and-quickly-evolving medical cannabis national landscape—while also providing state and local value. By establishing a national presence in Washington D.C., ASCM will educate and guide national policy from an informed medical standpoint.
ASCM provides a forum to foster professional relationships among physicians to advance the discipline of cannabis medicine through education, research, advocacy, and excellence in patient care.
ASCM is committed to the following values:
- Professional Service for Our Members
- Honesty, Integrity and Respect toward all Stakeholders
- Quality and Excellence in Patient Care
- Communication, Collaboration and Teamwork
- National Legislative Education
- Professional Standards
ASCM will be a National leader in Cannabis medicine.
- Education – Serve as the premier educational resource for cannabis medicine physicians
- Research – Advance Cannabis medicine research and scholarship through funding support, collaboration and partnerships
- Advocacy – Uphold and promote priority issues in cannabis medicine affecting members, patients, and their communities through education and outreach
- Patient Care – Foster excellence in the care and safety of cannabis medicine patients
- Communications – Exchange information with members, legislators and the public effectively
- Infrastructure – Optimize internal and partner resources to support the ASCM mission, goals and objectives
- Collaboration – Develop and utilize mutual relationships to enhance the ASCM mission, goals and objectives
Contact ASCM at 202-380-9575