Vision, Mission and Values
All work undertaken by the American Society of Medial Cannabis on behalf of its members, their patients and the public is guided by a clear vision, mission, and set of values. These elements are reflected in all of the Society’s programs, projects and initiatives.
The Society’s vision is: “Excellence in the use of Medical Cannabis.”
Our mission is: Promoting national leadership in medical cannabis and excellence in patient care through education, research and advocacy.
The Society seeks to reflect the following values in all its programs and initiatives:
- Patients first: Compassion, caring and listening are at the heart of delivering the highest-quality patient care. We work to ensure members’ ability to facilitate access to patient care and deliver the highest quality of care.
- Professionalism: Adhering to an uncompromising code of clinical and ethical standards. The cornerstones of these standards emphasize honesty, integrity, transparency and mutual respect.
- Lifelong learning: Pursuing knowledge and continuous improvement, embodying a spirit of intellectual curiosity and interchange through self-assessment and ongoing evaluation.
- Rigorous inquiry and creative work: Pursuing excellence through innovation, creativity, critical evaluation and open dialogue.
- Collaboration: Working together with mutual respect, collegiality and transparency. Collective and coordinated efforts through partnerships and teamwork encourage engagement, inspire ideas, create essential dialogue, and foster synergistic results.
- Social responsibility: A dedication to the greater good. Community leadership, volunteerism and stewardship are hallmarks of our ability to contribute to public health.
- Diversity: Acknowledging, respecting and valuing differences. An inclusive approach to people, ideas and practice styles includes a willingness to listen to all points of view. The result is collectively better because the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.