The American Society of Cannabis Medicine (ASCM) was formed to fill a void that has existed in cannabis medicine from its beginnings. ASCM’s Founders recognized there was no national organization representing cannabis medicine specialists; they realized that while several organizations supported the cannabis industry, a national forum specifically for physicians who viewed the responsible use of cannabis as part of a professional medical practice did not exist. ASCM was formed to fill that void with a national organization that provides both a forum and voice for the physician community on the ever-evolving national landscape—while providing state and local value.
ASCM provides a forum to foster professional relationships among cannabis-medicine physicians to advance the discipline of cannabis medicine through education, research, advocacy and excellence in patient care.
ASCM is committed to the following values:
- Professional Service for Our Members
- Honesty, Integrity and Respect toward all Stakeholders
- Quality and Excellence in Patient Care
- Communication, Collaboration and Teamwork
- National Legislative Education
- Professional Standards
ASCM will be a National leader in Cannabis medicine.
- Education — Serve as the premier educational resource for cannabis-medicine physicians.
- Research — Advance cannabis-medicine research and scholarship through funding support, collaboration and partnerships.
- Advocacy — Uphold and promote priority issues in cannabis medicine affecting members, patients, and their communities through education and outreach.
- Patient Care — Foster excellence in the care and safety of cannabis-medicine patients.
- Communications — Effectively exchange information with members, legislators and the public.
- Infrastructure — Optimize internal and partner resources to support ASCM’s mission, goals and objectives.
- Collaboration — Develop and maximize mutual relationships to enhance ASCM’s mission, goals and objectives.